3.10.2012

Having a Ball...

  Friday, February 24th, I got to go to my first Military Ball (not counting JROTC and National Guard in high school or the Citadel's in college...) - but this was my first one with Eric, my husband! I've posted more on my attire and whatnot (earlier post), but here are some pictures of us from the evening. They aren't the best pictures, but it was a nice time.
Here we are!
   
  Hannah, kissing Eric:

Oh, okay, let's pose for the picture:

 Oh yes, here was the back of my hair. The bottom was curled, and then the top was poofed up (okay, teased a bit) into a little "bump" in the front, with a few curls cascading down the back. Wonderfully girly!!! Yes, there was LOTS of hairspray used here!

Eric took a picture of my hair, from the side, just before dinner.

"Here's look'n at you, Kid."
 
   It was a special evening, and part of the celebration was that they had 6 of the 7 Units home, back in the US. One Unit had just returned the week before. We also remembered the Unit still serving overseas, and many of their spouses were in attendance at the Ball.
  This Military Ball was held at a very nice Marriott. As we left, we walked out a different way and took in a bit of the scenery. Inside:

  Outside, as well... There was hammerhead sharks on this side:

BIG fish on this side:

  Eric was the photographer, clearly:

   I wore heels. Tall heels. Eric enjoyed this when he stood next to me, but it was still a bit much for my knee. By the walk-around at the end of the night, the heels were in my hands.

  Well, if you're gonna take my picture in front of this silly statue, I'm gonna try to pose in the same way:

  I was surprised (and saddened) to see how many of the "adults" around us didn't know basic manners, like covering your heart when the National Anthem is played or waiting until the Head table begins to eat before you do... but it was still fun to see everyone all dressed up and have a night out. Oh, and Eric looks SO handsome in his uniform. Tee he he. Here's another shot of us, happy to get to spend some time together.  Basically, we were just having a Ball. Tee he he.

SSG Eric & Hannah Jackson      24 FEB 12

No comments:

Post a Comment