3.09.2012

Another one I can't claim...

 Wow. It's been a bit of a flowery week with my crafts.  Here's how this one started... Though we've been married 4 months on Monday, I'm still working on decorating our home. Eric had a very nice bed, with a smallish sort of head board; but the pillows often sit right at the same level. I wanted to put something over the top of the bed, on the big empty white wall. However, it is concrete; and most of my pictures/artwork is still in Indiana. We are still deciding which wedding pictures to print, how to do it, and where to put them.
  In the meantime, I came up with this. Okay, so I saw it on TV and was like, "I can do THAT!" What I saw was actually done over a mantle in the lady's living room, but I adapted it like this to work above our bed.

 
  This is easily changeable into a big picture or something else later; but, for now, it's sort-of fun. Oh wait, take a closer look at these paper flowers:


In a former life, they were brown lunch bags!


   Onto the center of each flower I glued green, blue, or purple buttons. I'd like to try more of these flowers, using colorful paper; or even large brown paper bags. (which we don't really have here, but I can get from my parents in the Midwest, maybe) I also want to make smaller ones in bright colors, perhaps to use on the top of packages instead of bows. The possibilities just keep popping into my head.. the ideas keep blooming, if you will. (Oh yes, pun intended. Tee he he.) For these flowers for our room, I intentionally just glue parts of the center together, but leave some of the paper up, so it looks more 3-dementional.


Sweet flowers to add a little extra spin in the room for our sweet slumber.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment