3.05.2012

Recent Crafting

    A friend of mine has a son who was recently turning one year old. I volunteered to help make a birthday banner for his party. The theme was baseball, all- American with red, white, and blue. This was my first attempt at making a birthday banner. I printed letters onto paper baseballs, then glued them onto pennant-shaped triangles, alternating the colors red and blue. To divide the words, I used white card stock with striped paper overlay.  This is the banner, just before I strung it all together.

This is the banner in use, hung between two posts at the outdoor party.

    The banner was part of Jack's gift from us. I also painted this plastic bucket (to fit the theme, of course) and put a few little treats (a book, an educational toy, and some bubbles) into it. Cute. Fun. Easy. Although, I don't think I'll use these stencils again - it would have been easier just to free hand the letters.

   Another little friend was turning 6, and she likes penguins. Her birthday is just before Valentine's Day, which she enjoys because she also likes hearts.... So, I made her a special card. It is a penguin, made mostly of hearts.
     Only the beak and eyes are not hearts. I used googly eyes and a blank card. Inside, it reads, "Chill out, kid. Happy birthday!" I will make more of these because they are fairly easy and SO cute. I want to experiment and make other animals "out" of hearts, as well. I already know how to make a fox and an owl.  The beak actually opens on this penguin. Fun.

  I've been doing fun birthday crafting for little friends. I ask them a few questions, and the kids inspire me.  From where do you get your inspiration for making new things?  What crafts have YOU been doing lately?  Come on, share your great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment