3.08.2012

Painting from the Non-Artist

   Actually, I wouldn't say that I'm not an artist at all; just that I am a very different kind of artist.
  Sadly, I cannot claim this idea as mine... but it was still super fun!
    If you want to paint cherry blossoms, but you have zero skills in that department (like I do), YOU can still do this:

  Just get an old soda bottle and upcycle it into your stamper. Genius! The other fun part about this is that if, also like myself, you can't draw a straight line - that is perfect. Tree branches are rarely straight.

   I want to experiment with other colors, as well. I'm thinking white or cream on darker paper, for pussy willows; or just a mix of purples and yellows? I also made a few smaller ones on blank notecards, which worked pretty well, too. (you can see the cards with branches in the second picture here)
  Now I'm trying to "think" of a good Bible verse to go with the big picture - I first thought of the flowers fading, but the Word of the Lord standing forever; but maybe I would rather use something about God's glorious creation or something. (any ideas - welcome!) Not sure yet, but a verse will be added and then I'll modpodge over the whole thing to seal it and whatnot. As I pretty much hate the color pink, this will NOT be hung in our home; but instead will be donated to an upcoming craft fair for my church.
  I used a canvas because it was on sale and I wanted this to be a little nicer to possibly sell; but you could try this on any paper or even poster board. (cut it in half length-wise so it looks more like a tree)
  This idea has been posted on Pinterest numerous times... just be careful, it's def. a time-sucker site!
  I triple double dog dare YOU to try making your own flowers this week. Do it, do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment