3.05.2012

Oh, the things you see... on Oahu

    When you think of Hawaii, perhaps you think of beautiful beaches, palm trees, and mountains. Yes, we have those things, and I am careful not to take them for granted. However, when one lives here, you also get to see all sorts of other things:
   This may just look like another moth...
 Until you look at it in proportion to my husband's face. You can also get some perspective because it is on a normal size cinder block. Whew. That's a BIG moth.

Look closely. That STOP sign is blue. Strange.

These are fans. The inside is hollow.

     Eric was laughing that I was taking pictures, but not really surprised. I really want to know how they work. It is fascinating to me. After knowing how many Koreans are seriously worried about "fan death", perhaps they should start using these there.

      Eric and I were headed to the beach one evening. It was raining, but still sunny. Of course, the rain and sunshine mixed together to make this beautiful rainbow:

   As Eric drove, I took pictures from our moving car. It rains often in Hawaii, which is nice because it keeps everything a luscious green color AND makes wonderful rainbows:

I like the clouds and skies, here over the mountains:

More clouds, in the sky with a rainstorm brewing:
Beautiful. I do miss actual thunderstorms though.

The church/school I attend has these super fun helicopters 
on their playground. I'm sure my nephews would enjoy these.

Gorgeous sunrise, a few days ago after I took my husband to work:

  By the way, if the title of this post made you think of Dr. Seuss books, yes, that was intentionally done. The anniversary of his birth was just a few days ago, March 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment