12.25.2010

One of last weekend's projects...

I wanted to give my students something for Christmas.  After a bit of debating, I decided to do what I would normally do "at home" - origami.  Now, I know this might seem ridiculous - me, making origami for Korean children... but I did two things they are not used to.  First, I glittered it!  (It simply can not be Christmas without glitter.)  Also, I made them ornaments - which is different because few people here have Christmas trees.  Even if they don't have a tree, I suggested that they put it on a door knob or something.
 The trees were given to my coworkers - other teachers, receptionists, aids, our boss.
 Stars and trees and hearts and cranes, oh my!
 Each student got a handwritten note and then the younger students also got an origami gift.  For the "littles" (my youngest students) - the girls got these hearts (which I think I used to make with my Grandmother, btw).  I put their notes inside.  They have not seen them before and loved them.
 Lots of origami.  My friend, Anna, helped LOTS.  She is a fantastic origami coach.

1 comment: