12.25.2010

O, Tannebaum!

Here is a sneak peek...
 This was my tree "before" -- a friend used it last year.  It was expensive, but trees were difficult to come by here last year.  This year, she upgraded, and gave me her old one.  It had the ornaments glued on, and some of them were broken.  I knew I wanted to redo it, but didn't have time until, um, today.  (Yes, it's Christmas.)  Guess it's a good thing that I leave my tree up at least until Epiphany.
Here is my tree "after" I redid it.  Generally, I prefer the traditional green tree with classic white lights.  However, my tree this year has colored lights... which reminds me of the childhood tree I always had in my own room while growing up.  Fun.
 I got the ornaments (some of which were also used on my wreath) and the red garland while out getting other things.  Of course, my tree has more origami... it just isn't Christmas without origami, right?!

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful little tree! Is that what "tannebaum" means? Are there words to that song in a different language??

    ReplyDelete