4.20.2012

Top THIS.

  Today, I worked on making more paper flowers to be used as package toppers. I used mostly scraps from my old paper bucket, and also some sheet music and a few maps. This helps encourage variety, but mainly keeps the cost lower. Hooray. It is two layers - a larger flower with a smaller one on top; then finished off with a carefully chosen button.
  Here are my newest little "babies" - all 18!


The map ones are cool. Others are more colorful.

This one, with sheet music and a striped yellow/white/gray paper is one of my favorites and I am not even sure why. It just seems classic and cheerful to me.
 
    This is the same paper - just flipped to use both sides. If it weren't so pink, it could really be beautiful.

  One of all maps, next to a mixed sheet music/red one. These are about 7.5 inches across. They even have a little sticky tab on the reverse side, so they can more easily be attached to gifts. They could also be peeled off the package and used to decorate a wall or something else.

   Mixing the paper...

  While I really enjoyed making these, I'm not quite sure how much to (try to) charge for them. People spend tons of money on cards and other decorations to make gifts a little nicer, so I would think these would also be popular. I managed to keep the actual cost fairly low, but they did take a bit of time; but I also don't want to be a greedy gal... so, I guess I'll think on it some more.
  What do YOU think?  Would you purchase one at a craft show (or want to order one from me - we'll talk later), or would you just want to make your own?

1 comment:

  1. I love the maps and sheet music! Super cool idea! I would think that people would probably pay anywhere from 5-10$ depending on the area of the country, market, etc. Def. could get 10 at a higher end craft sale, probably less somewhere with more crafty people that would figure out how to do it themselves if the cost was too high... I miss you! Am thinking about letting the girls help paint multi colored cherry blossoms in their new room, would it be too hard for them?

    ReplyDelete