4.03.2012

Recent Crafts... Yay!

   If you saw my earlier posts on the brown paper bag flowers, this is a variation of that. I used scraps of scrapbook paper (npi) and added a paper flower in the center. (instead of the button, which I used for the flowers for our wall) These are not quite as easy as the paper bag ones, because you have to cut all the parts. (If you do the paper bag ones, you know what I mean; parts cut themselves as you do the larger parts.) However, I made this one to be a package topper for a friend's birthday gift.


  On the package, it looks like this. A nice alternative to bowing bows.

  My 8-year old nephew likes to write. I also enjoy writing, so I made these journals for my nephews to encourage him. Here is the front, as he now likes RED instead of yellow.

  The inside cover has a Bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11.
    The back inside cover has a Dr. Seuss quote.
   The back cover. He can write or draw or put whatever he wants. This is his book.

  John will be 6 next month. He got this book. Somehow, the "s" on thoughts fell off. I took the picture, then repaired it with a new "s". He can use this to work on his writing.

  John got a Bible verse from Psalms.

  The back cover. I really enjoyed playing with stripes and patterns for his book design.
   His quote is from Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh.

  Nathan was turning four when they were to get these.

  His Bible verse is about God's love, even into our old age.
  His quote is from Dr. Seuss, "A person's a person, no matter how small."
    He likes purple and green right now, and, of course, CARS.
  I was not happy that the sealant I used didn't really work properly, but it's okay. They are little boys, so the books may get torn up a bit anyway. That's okay. Journals are meant to be used. Presents from Auntie are meant to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment