4.04.2012

Cooking Up Some Fun...

  It's the time of year again... BAKE SALE time! We had a Rummage/Bake Sale at church last Saturday to benefit upcoming Youth mission trips. I spent most of Thursday making homemade biscotti (always a big hit, sorry, no pictures here) and most of Friday baking or making signs. Here are some of the tasty treats I contributed... Beach cupcakes!


  We sold these in sets of 4 or just one alone. I just did "sand/water" with a "beach ball" (candy) and one little umbrella.

  All boxed up, in the only boxes I could find here...

  These can also be done with "sharks" and with blue goo (jello) on the inside; but this time I just did sand and water beach ones. They were plain white cupcakes. Fun!

  Of course, little froggies came along to HOP TO IT... They were a bit of a challenge, as I couldn't find any gum drops on the island and had to cut a gummy candy called "green leaves" to make the eyes.

  Eric even helped me make the lemon meringue cupcakes. Delicious!
 LOTS of cupcakes! I also did a tropical trail mix (usually a favorite, but didn't go over so well at the bake sale, which was odd to me because we are in Hawaii! - however, I gave some away and the people loved it!), and I made three different kinds of muffins. (This is where I especially missed my friend, Rebekah, by the way!) It was a good time and pretty successful, as well. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment