4.03.2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Time got away from us a bit, so on actual March 17th, Eric made us green eggs and spam.

Eric, cooking dinner. He had never used green food coloring for scrambled eggs before.

  The next day, I made corn beef in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and celery. My fav. part of the meal was the cabbage, which I did separately (we could use a bigger crock pot). I don't think I care much for corn beef, but the cabbage will be on our dinner menu again soon. Yummy!

    What did YOU do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? It was pretty calm here, but I do like to incorporate special food for holidays. Last year, I was in Korea and wrote a Reading about St. Patrick's Day for all my reading classes. I then colored lemonade with green food coloring and all my students thought it was "magic". Fun.
   I know it's April as I post this, but I still want to close with an Irish blessing,
     "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.
      May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.
      And, until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of His hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment