4.11.2012

Some of my latest projects...

  Do you have any of those old-school style sewing/embroidery/cross stitching loops? Do you ever wonder what to do with them? Well, here is one super fun idea... Here are three wall hangings that would be great for a nursery or other child's room:
    I'll probably add a little pink or green ribbon by the hook at the top, though they could easily be hung on just a nail or even a thumb tack. I thought about stringing them together, but I like them as three separate pieces more. The fabric and felt are both from a recent Rummage Sale. (I helped sort items and def. "pre-shopped".) It is supposed to be a hippo, a giraffe, and a Mama with Baby elephants. Sassy and classy.
  I'd also like to try something with OWLS, as they seem to be really popular right now and the cute ones are always a bit loved in my book. However, I didn't think that it quite looked right, so I opted to use three different animals here. Perhaps I'll try owls again another day.
   The other recent project is one I've been contemplating for a few weeks now. I saw a very popular picture on Pinterest with blue crayons. It is a rainy day scene - and the black silhouette is a couple under an umbrella. It's sweet. I wanted to do something with crayons, but I didn't quite know what.
   Then again, Easter has been on my mind, and I keep hearing a fantastic song on the Christian radio station... so, this is what I made today:
    This picture would work nicely for perhaps a teenager's room.
   The song lyrics are from a song called "God's Not Dead" by the Newsboys. This is the chorus.
   The Scripture, "He is not here, for He has risen, as He said." is from the Bible, Matthew 28:6. The lion silhouette is further proof why I am not the "drawing kind" of artist; and the color is "Crayon art", which is a bit more difficult than it looks. Even though I'm usually not a fan of orange (it's the color of that other school; GO GAMECOCKS!), I still really like how this looks, and I expect to do a bit more experimenting. It is difficult, but it's also sort of fun.
   What projects have YOU been making this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment