1.12.2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

It was our first Thanksgiving as Mr. & Mrs. Jackson!
I made a delicious pumpkin pie.
Eric was pleased to taste that I make some excellent PIE.

It was Eric's first attempt making a turkey...

Let's do this!
We knew we could figure it out together.

In honor of my new location, I made a cranberry-pineapple relish.
It was pretty tasty, except for the cranberries, of course.

Missing Denielle, I made hot spicy carrots:

The turkey turned out beautiful!

Per Eric's request, I got a family recipe from his mother to make spinach potatoes. Perhaps I was a little too fast and loose with the cayenne pepper... a good lesson for all. (I couldn't even eat them.)

We are not going to talk about the home-made dinner rolls. Let's just say, I learned something important about clarifying the amount of flour...

Two turkeys... and I love them both!

Hannah, dinner turkey, and Eric.
Thanksgiving at the Jackson's house!

"If God can love turkeys, then God can love you... You are a turkey, but I am one, too! So if you are lonely, and feeling quite blue... remember if God can love turkeys, then God can love you!" (sung to the tune of "On top of speghetti.."

Eric, my new husband, carves our first Thanksgiving turkey...

Carving... look at that deliciousness!

We had invited others to join us, but no one else came. Eric was actually a bit sick. (boo) We had a little "too much" food, even for us...

The nice part about being newlyweds and not having anyone else join us was that we could eat without pants on... we just got dressed for a few pictures. Tee he he. Happy Thanksgiving!

Our first official holiday together. Thanksgiving. Success!
From Psalm 107:1, for this and for every day:
"Oh, give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good."

No comments:

Post a Comment