1.12.2012

Christmas Crafting!

One of my favorite things about Christmas is making gifts for others.
This year, I only did a few of my cross-stitched ornaments.
This was one, partially designed by request of the giftee.
 The top:
 The fabric pieces chosen:
 The other side:

One of my other friends uses blue and silver for Christmas:
 The top and hanging ribbon:
 One side. I even special metallic silver embroidery thread. Fun.

Two of this year's gifts.
 I couldn't post these earlier, as they were surprises - gifts!

One of my friends likes tea. (and ice skating, Russia, Alaska, and her boyfriend) 
A different year, I designed an ice-skating ornament for her.
This year, I focused on tea.
One side:

The other side had a mug, with two 
small hearts on it:
 The side:

This year, I tried my first attempt at "ribbon trees" - except
that I used paper. I really like these. There will be more!

So the big one is better. The little red/green one is a bit rough.
The bow on top - that is not my strength.
We call these learning experiences.
We used the big green/gold toned one at the Jackson house this year.
The little one went into a cupboard - to be "fixed" later.

For some friends and families, this year I made my first paper mache ornaments.
First, I made the paper hearts from scraps of brown paper, flour, and water.
Then I covered them with strips of tissue-origami paper. 
(chosen for the season/giftee)
Then I glued on pictures - either of the giftee and/or our wedding day.
Handmade. Personal. Fun!
I also made one for my sister and brother-in-law in honor
of their 10th wedding anniversary this year.
People seemed to like these.

For our tree, I made paper and glitter hearts.

   What crafts/gifts do YOU make at Christmas time?

No comments:

Post a Comment