8.03.2011

Summer Time in Korea

Summer means meeting new friends... Here I am, on the bus, ready for adventure!
 This day I met Georgia, and her little baby girl.  Baby likes me!
Singing a song... and she said, " Are you look'n at me?"
 What a Cutie Patooty!
  On a different day, Anna and Benedict (her boyfriend) and I went to Mano's for dinner.  His friend, Lena, also joined us.  Here is Ben with Anna:

 Here is Mano, cooking Indian food for us:

 Summer time means hanging out with friends on patios and porches and roof tops. 
Here is the view from downtown Gwangju, on one of the rooftops:
 The streets look dirty because they are.
 I am intrigued by the little ladders and stairs on the outside of houses and buildings here.
Different day.  Summertime sometimes means having a bit of a special treat... and one thing I love about Korea is that you can actually "drink on the street".  I had gone for Sangria, but the place was closing... so they gave us the slushy like, fruit packed treat TO GO, and I took it with me.  Incredible.  It really is like two days worth of fruit, with a little extra kick.  Very refreshing on a hot summer night.  I was laughing that I could drink my drink on the street, so we took a picture.
I enjoy summer, though it is not my favorite season.
Happy Summer to you, perhaps from half way around the world!! 
What special things do YOU do in celebration of summer?

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to see trash in the street...I thought Koreans were obsessively clean! So are you completely off for the summer? When does school start again there?

    ReplyDelete