8.20.2011

Another Reason Why I Love Korea...

  Walk into any "stationary store" or just around downtown enough and you quickly see that Koreans LOVE to put English words/quotes/sayings on everything... shirts, paper, pencil cases, etc.  It doesn't matter if the translation is a bit lacking, if the words are misspelled, or if the words put together do not actually make any sense together... it's in English, so it's great.
  One day I wondered if perhaps my Russian club tee-shirts from college would make a real Russian laugh; but I think our teacher would have stopped us.  I don't know.
  Actually, I like that there is an enthusiasm for English.  I am careful not to wear "incorrect" clothing to work (where I teach my students to use proper English) - but I do wear it at home and giggle.
   I really enjoy this part of life here, and stop almost daily just to look at something and give a little chuckle.  I also have some fantastic shirts, but here is a giant sticker I saw one day.  I couldn't resist.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment