5.14.2011

A New Chair!

   Actually, it's just super exciting to have A chair, new or not.  I moved to Korea in October. I have not had a chair at my house yet.  I have a "low table" - Korean style, so often sit on the floor.  I also have my bed - so I can sit there to type on my laptop or whatever.  At times, it would be convenient to have a chair, especially since I got a desk.  However, since I am basically here temporarily, I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in a chair just yet.  I ended up finding both a bookshelf (perhaps a shoe rack in a former life?) and a desk in the "trash" and I was convinced that I should also be able to find a chair there.  Yet, all the ones I saw discarded were ACTUALLY trash - beyond repair or made of rotting wood, etc.
  So I kept looking, but finally gave in when a friend was talking about doing some furniture shopping.  We went to the market and into a used-furniture store.  My friend was looking for a set of 4 chairs, she has a larger, Western style table. I was looking for ONE good chair.
    This is what we ended up getting - we actually got a set of 5 and went from there.  It was a good deal.  Hooray!
 My new chair.  SO exciting!

  New chair and desk by my window.  You can see my shelves, as well.  This is basically half of my living room.  It is also my office, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom.  I keep rearranging my house - easy to do with "simple" living... but this arrangement might stick for a bit.  I like to sit by the open window and feel the breeze as I write or type. For now, I've put up my "low" table.  I can dine at my desk and will get the table out whenever I have company over for food.
   So far, I am very happy with this purchase and thankful for any chair at all.  Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a pretty chair too!! You are such a bargin hunter and explorer when it comes to finding the items you need.

    ReplyDelete