11.25.2010

Happy Birthday to me!

A year ago, I would never have guessed how I would be spending my birthday this year... but I also can't imagine a better way for me to celebrate my 30th!  The day started with a short day trip to Dam Yeong, which is known for its bamboo.  This meant Eric and I took a bus for about 50 minutes, then figured out how to get from the bus station there to the Bamboo Forest.  We toured the bamboo for a while.  I have a slightly unnatural fascination with trees (which is a whole other blog topic...); so of course I loved this.  
  It was even better because my knee could now (sort-of) do the mini hikes.  Hooray.  Praise the Lord.  
  The day was even better because I got to share this mini adventure with one of my best friends, Eric.

 The bamboo forest is just how it sounds - a forest of bamboo trees.
 30 years young... and only getting better with age... right?

A happy happy birthday girl... 
so much happier and relaxed when I'm standing by Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment