12.16.2011

Just a few more days...

"... Saying, 'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star when it rose and have come to worship Him.'" (Matthew 2:2) 

     I know, I know, with Christmas quickly approaching, I'm trying very hard not to skip Advent; and then here it looks like I jumped ahead to Epiphany.  Actually, I'm not missing Advent. I'm just working to prepare the topper for our tree.
   Tomorrow we shall put up the Jackson Family's first Christmas tree together, and decorate the house. While very excited, I'm also frantically trying to finish making some more ornaments for our tree. With many of my childhood ornaments in Indiana, I decided to continue with adding origami and other homemade treats to our tree.
   Stepping up the origami, there are more paper decorations and of course, almost everything is better with glitter! These are one of my new favorite ornaments to make. The are called "polish stars" and are a traditional ornament.  Here is the first one I made.

I think perhaps I should have used thicker paper. Then I could have pulled it tighter to make a full-circle "ball" shape. However, this is still pretty nifty, as well.

After a bit of a didn't-wor-out-so-well attempt at a different star, I think this one polish star will be our tree topper this year. Later, as time permits, I may make some more. Eventually, I'd love to have like 25 polish stars, scattered throughout the Jackson tree. However, other priorities demand my time now, so I don't know how many more I will get made for this year. One may just have to be enough.

 Do YOU want to try making a Polish star, as well? I dare you to try! Here are the instructions...
   Okay, so I can't get the link to post here. You can see it on my Facebook page, OR go to YouTube and type in "polish star Christmas ornament tutorial" - you are looking for the one by yoyomax12. The lady there is rather helpful, walking you through each step. Yes, I realize that by sharing this knowledge, I run the risk that, once you see how "easy" it is, you might not be as impressed with mine. That's okay. They are really neat.
   Enjoy these stars ~ and enjoy this preparation time of Advent.
"WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM."


1 comment:

  1. that's beautiful, Hannah! You are so creative and crafty. :-)

    ReplyDelete