12.07.2011

"We're Going to the 'Chapel' and..."

  Hawaii. 11.12.11 Incredible day... with tons of help from amazing friends... and I got to marry my best friend and true love, Eric. I am now Mrs. Hannah Jackson!!! Yay! Here are a few pictures, especially for those of you who couldn't physically be here with us.
    We were very blessed to have a good friend permit us to use her house, yard, and much more ~ all right next to the ocean! She has flowers growing around her house, and was kind enough to let us use them to decorate. The day before the wedding, The Girls and I also went flower hunting up the road, which provided a few more larger flowers. It's Hawaii. It's a wedding. There HAD to be flowers!

Our "guest book" was a picture frame for people to sign. We also had some festive treat baskets with anything someone might need... fans, flip flops, and more!

   My original idea for the pictures didn't work with the wind, but our friend, Evelyn, patiently put the pictures I had all around the table and shelves, and taped everythign down securely. (Thanks!) We had pictures from the past year, Eric visiting me in Korea (2 times) and me visiting him in Hawaii. Fun!

  Flip flops. Beach balls. Leis. Fans. It must be party time!

     As guests left the wedding, they were invited to help themselves to a favor. Guests could choose either macadamia nuts, Kona coffee, or chocolate covered mac. nuts. To further personalize these, we tied on little notes with our picture. For example, the coffee favors included a coffee scoop and a note that said, "Hannah and Eric, the perfect blend." Tee he he. Special thanks go out to Miss Emily, who pretty much wrapped these and tied on little notes as I designed the notes.

 Getting ready... my wonderful hair and make up artist hooked my "something borrowed" (the pearl necklace, it was both my something old and something borrowed - Thanks, Evelyn!) while Emily looks on. You can see the anticipation in Em's face.

     Almost time... posing before I walk around the corner and up the isle.

   A few formal pictures... 

   Well, I may have had a few "surprises" for the photographer... he was not expecting this... but formal and stuffy isn't quite my style... It was my wedding day, we were going to have some fun!

  This is when Eric first sees me come around the corner. I actually saw his eyes pop out in a double take. Our eyes locked and we def. had a "movie moment" (here, from Pride and Prejudice with K. Knightly - where they are dancing and the rest of the people simply melt away...) where it seemed there were only us there. Incredible. Oh, and I like the expression on Pam's face here, too. I hope it's an "Ooo, how pretty!" and not a, "Ooo, Hannah looks like she is about to trip."

Here comes the bride!

    Walking...

   I can see my Beloved, Eric!

 Whew. Finally got to the "front", and I didn't even trip or stumble. Yay! 
    Here we go...

 Here we are during the service.

   Pastor Burger did the service, the sermon, and the officiating for us.

   Finally, it was time to get to the wedding ceremony itself...

 We were officially starting our life together...

I, Hannah, take you, Eric...

    Something made us laugh... Eric makes me happy!

  No, no. This is serious. Someone MAY have been making fishie faces at Eric while he repeated his part. Most of the time though, we were respectful.

  Looking into each other's eyes... how very romantical!



  "With THIS ring"... well, sort-of. There is more to the story, but we had to use a "stand-in" ring for the actual wedding ceremony for Eric.  More on that later.

Then we were announced as officially husband and wife; 
and introduced as the new MR. and MRS. Jackson!!!!

 I gave up messing with the dress... we went with just the "natural" look.

 Getting ready for one of my favorite parts...

 Now you may KISS THE BRIDE!

 KISS we did...

... and some more kissing...

 ... more kissing... with a slight dip...

It didn't seem like a very long kiss to me... 

Oh wait, there are other people here... I forgot. I was just kissing my Eric. I love kissing Eric!

Okay, let's get ready to "blow this popsicle stand!" Time to recess.


 The Groom and Bride share a secret...

 Here we go, finishing the ceremony before we greet our guests.

More pics will be posted soon of the reception and more. This was mostly just the ceremony.
LOOK OUT, WORLD. Here is the newest Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, ready to take on the world, together!
   
Hannah and Eric. Together. Forever.
We are SO blessed. "Happily Ever After" indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment