10.27.2012

Happy 175th, St. Paul's!

   This year marks the 175th anniversary for St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Amongst other festivities, my father ordered one of my special Christmas ornament for six different Pastors. I looked at the church's anniversary logo, and got to design custom made ornaments.
   HERE you see one side, a cross with streaming sunbeams:

   The cross-stitching design was the same, and the basic colors were in the golden-maroon family, but I still made each ornament different by using different materials. THIS ornament doesn't look at "Christmas-y" because it doesn't have the green and red as the one above.

   The other side of the ornaments had a summary of a verse from Psalms. It said, "Save Your People, Bless Your Heritage" with a large 175 in the middle, and also the years 1837 and 2012. This "stretched" the design out a bit, which still looks nice but also slowed down the whole process when I assembled each ornament. I used double trim around the seam line, and was pleased with the results. So far, others have enjoyed them, as well.

   Yes, I said I made SIX. Whew. Fun though.
    If YOU want a custom made ornament as a gift this year, please discuss color/theme options with me. Place your order soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment