8.12.2012

New (to me) Car

While we were enjoying a little extra "togetherness time" when we shared a car, our schedules were demanding that we get another set of wheels here at the Jackson's. Basically, we did a bit of hunting and took our time. We just needed something dependable to get me to and from work.
Praise the Lord! Eric found THIS for me:
It is a 1994 Volvo. 
Mind you, when this car was brand new, 
I wasn't quite old enough to legally drive. Ha.
It has a few stickers. Pretty flowers:


 Okay, so it also has a bit of wear and tear. (So do I, since I was 14... look how many adventures I've had since then...) The car got hit, and the front head light has some damage. It still works though! The car needs a really good bath, inside and out, but could be worse. It has over 160k miles, but we got it on the super cheap. The driver's seat does not move; but at least it works in this position for me. So far, the car always starts when I try. Of course, it WILL roll backwards if I don't use the parking break. (and if I release this break out of order) Perhaps driving this car will increase my prayer life a bit. Ha. Hey, insurance is also cheap. Last week, I took this car on the highway for the first time. It got up to 62 miles per hour. (downhill, but still) I stay to the right, but someone still honked at me for going the speed limit. Whatever.
   Perhaps this car makes our (other) old car look a bit more luxurious; which is funny if you've been for a ride in our other car. However, this car is a blessing and I am super thankful to have my own wheels. It means I can spend less time waiting around in the parking lot for Eric to get released from work and I can sleep a bit more in the morning. Hooray! We will have a few things repaired before November, when it has to pass its next safety inspection. Volvos are known for lasting a while, so we aren't concerned about the high mileage. It just needs to safely go (and stop) around the island for a bit. We don't need to move her with us whenever we leave. I will clean this car and think of a good name for her; but I thought I'd share a few pics and whatnot now. If YOU come visit us here, now I can pick you up at the airport in style. Ha. It's a car... with a bit of an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment