8.12.2012

Book shelves, anyone?

We don't really have enough shelving here, but I also don't have my many of my books here yet. Our walls are mostly concrete and it's a bit of a pain to hang things. However, there are a few small items I wanted out on display. This makes our apartment more like home and lets us enjoy some things more often. So, after a few months of being here, I decided to try something. I didn't even ask Eric first, I just did it. Happily, he came home and liked it. Yay. Here is a shot of our new shelves:
 I made some shelves - out of books!
 The teapot was my great grand mothers. My grandmother hand wrote the story that goes along with it. (Thanks to my sister, for "share gifting" this item this past May.) Then I also added some matrushka from Russia and a small tea cup. Super fun!
How do YOU display special items at your house? How to YOU decorate to make your space your own home?

No comments:

Post a Comment