1.02.2011

Warm Winter Gear!

Though I do have a pair of ear warmers (which are a constant reminder of my running days) and a lovely little blue hat from a dear friend (thanks, Leah, you are amazing!), I decided it was also time to break down and get some good 'ol ear muffs.  So reminiscent of my childhood days... I remember a vanilla cream colored pair that my sister had when we lived in Ohio.  I was about 7 years old and was often trying to "borrow" them - which didn't work because they were too big and she would always take them back.  Well, I have my own pair now and they fit well (yes, there is a difference between the 1000 won pair and the 7000 won pair).  The guy at the street market said they look, "very beautiful warm", but then again, he was selling them so who knows.  I like them. They are warm.  Do I look like a mouse?  I don't care.  I love my new ear muffs.
 Hooray for new boots!  These were not an option - as I was getting concerned about falling (mainly for my knee) and I can't seem to get better (yeah, still a bit sick again) when my feet are wet all day.  Plus, I didn't want to ruin my other shoes.  Now, finding boots in my size is no small task in Korea.  Many sales people giggled.  I had a friend helping me.  It took us two days to hunt.  These are the best choice, though a smidgen small and twice what my tentative budget was for boots. 
My new boots are black, so they will work with my blue coat or my red coat, my blue hat or my new ear muffs, and all my scarfs...  Fun.  I shall wear them to and from work, and then probably change my shoes.  They are VERY warm.  I'm thankful that I could find something that would work.  I have to rough them up a bit to increase the traction, but it's better than my other shoes.  I tried to get some of the nifty "shoe chains" to also put over my boots (Hey, I've nearly wiped out multiple times in the last few weeks.), but they are apparently only made for shoes, not giant boots for the big-footed giant from America.  Hey, "a big tree has gotta have big roots."

2 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    I was just catching up on your adventures and leave it to you to get so crafty with gifs and your christmas tree. So glad you found some boots that are close to the size you need :) I hope one of thoses "scarves' is purple!!!! It just would not be your with out that!! The ear muffs do make you look like a mouse but a cute one at that! Stay warm and looking forward to hearing more fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete