1.30.2011

Hoola Hoop This?

  As a child, I loved hoola hooping.  I was younger then and like to hoola on my ankle, my wrist, even my neck.  In college, we occasionally ended up in the 2AM at Walmart hoola hoop contests...
  When I moved into my apartment in Korea, the previous teacher had left a few items.  One of them looked like a hoola hoop, with a twist.  Well, not so much a twist as some nodules around the interior.  I tried to use it one day, OUCHIE!!!  Notice that the "bumps" are all around the inside - so the person using the hoop cannot avoid coming into contact with them.  It is painful.  I guess these are used for exercising, and have seen them for as much as $55 at the store here in Korea; but it almost seems like a form of self-torture.  I see them in the store, but I never see anyone buying them.  I haven't seen Koreans using them.  Of course, I have NO intention of using this one.  I shall probably put it out on the street one of these days and see if anyone wants it.  Ouchie!  It does appear to come apart, so if you really want one, I could ship it to you.  Of course, you'd have to really be mad at someone to give them this.  No thank you.  This does not need to be part of my Korean experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment