11.13.2013

Seems impossible and wonderful all at once...

11.12.13 (I know; super fun date! I'll post about that another time.)
  Happy Anniversary... to us!
  So here we are, on our second wedding anniversary. We are holding a picture taken on 05.12.13- our 1.5 year anniversary, wherein we were holding a picture from 11.12.11 (our wedding day). The idea is to take our picture next year, holding this picture, and so forth. This way, we can photodocument - really see us growing old together.
  Actually, I really didn't expect Eric to be home to celebrate our anniversary this year. I thought we would just be doing this picture, if we were lucky, on our halvies-anniversaries... yet here Eric is, in my arms, celebrating our special day with me! Hooray!
   The week that we got married, my mother sent me a long letter. In it, she talked about how (amongst all the excitement of our wedding and how we may have felt all in love and all then...) - we would actually love each other even more later... and she was (of course) right! Though it sounded odd at the time, it was true. We really do love each other even more now. Every day, though it seems impossible and wonderful all at once, I def. fall even more in love with Eric.
  Eric and I have talked about how marriage isn't quite what we expected... and, for the most part, it's even better! So what's the lesson here - well, I think it's multipfold. Expect the unexpected. Be patient. Be honest. God's timing is best and He has better things planned for us than we could ever imagine. We are so very blessed. May we humbly enjoy life and continue to be kind to each other.
  We got dressed up (I even went to the dentist AND got a hair cut, whew.) and went to dinner together on a special date night. I know two years doesn't sound like all "that long" and all... but we have learned to "live everyday like he deploys tomorrow" and we can celebrate if we want, we are, afterall, still newlyweds, right?
  Mr. & Mrs. Jackson, on our 2nd Anniversary:


No comments:

Post a Comment