2.06.2012

Paint Me a Valentine...

   Do you have old paint sample strips somewhere? Do you want to make your own creative Valentine for someone special this year? Here is a fun idea I've been doing recently:


I used ink stamps. This is my second attempt - so, if you are doing this with kids, I highly recommend just using stickers - but they look very nice with stamps. (You'll want to use a special ink, useable with glossy surfaces; and then a sealant over the top - like Mod Podge... Test it all first!)

I used stamps and a special ink pad on paint sample strips - then glued them over different (one, larger solid) paint sample. I used rubber cement and put it all on a blank white note card.

These are really fun to make. 
Be careful, it's difficult to stop!
 These were to be Valentines, so there are tons of hearts and other romantical things... I used an "I heart you" stamp and an "x" and an "o" together, anything with hearts or love.

You can do the same stamp, or mix it up a bit. I looked to multiple shades of red and pink, but it's also great to play with non-traditional "Valentine" colors.

One of my favorites - I found a stamp that has a rice bowl and says, "May your rice bowl always be full." Cute!

These are blank inside, the perfect canvas for a favorite saying, Bible verse, or other note for a dear friend.

 All 42 Valentines together! They have taken over our dining table! (in front of the mirror, it looks even more dramatic)

These are really cute and I haven't seen them anywhere. Try making your own, or, if you're pressed for time - consider buying a few from me. (Make me an offer.)
   Handmade Valentines are always sealed with a little extra love.
   Whatever your thoughts are on celebrating Valentine's Day, and whatever kind of valentines you make or buy to send, I wish you tons of love the whole year long. May you always have good friends, your very own favorite Valentine, and even a "rice bowl that is always full."

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing! of course I saw it too late...will remember next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete