10.26.2011

Pumpkin carving with my Pumpkin!

  Sunday, Eric and I carved pumpkins. He claims to have not done this for 20+ years; but he certainly did a nice job, so I don't know. Maybe he HAS been practicing on the side?
  Here I am carving. Sam (the dog) was helping, well, maybe "supervising". He didn't really understand what we were doing. Clearly, he was thrilled.
   Hannah, carving. At least I knew Eric was taking this picture.
  Eric did the more traditional jack-o-lantern style.  Oooh, scary! Nicely done.
  This year is special. It was our first of many holidays "together"... and we will be married in 3 weeks! So, I opted for something a little different. Eric was watching me, concerned that the big part would just punch through, but I had a plan.... It's a heart. It says "H + E 11 12 11" - our wedding date. Plus a smiley face.
   Oooh, scary. That's more my "Pirate face," but it works with these, as well. Aaaarrrrrr, Matey!
  Hmmm. Where are the pictures of Eric? I was busy carving... and he was busy taking pictures. Ha.
  We carved pumpkins. I roasted the pumpkin seeds. I also used part of the pumpkin guts for Eric's birthday dinner later that night... any ideas what was on the menu?

1 comment:

  1. ....just three weeks?! crazy! where are you getting married??
    p.s. the pumpkins are lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete